In this video I am going to talk about the basic camping essentials you need to pack for your next summer camping vacation. Remember, Your camping list may vary according to season, camping location, length of your trip and activities you have planned. This video is specific to summer camping by the river side at a jungle resort for 4 days. You may Add or remove items to suit your individual needs.
WATCH the VIDEO:
The mantra to a fulfilling camping trip out in the woods is being comfortable. You should be able to have fun and not feel stressed out about having the best of camping equipment or too many clothes or accessories. So when it comes to what you’re packing, you need to pack light.
- carry at-least 2 camouflage print t-shirts
- 2-3 basic loose fitting t-shirts and at-least 2 printed t-shirts one can be a floral print and the other with an adventurous graphic text over it.
- consider layering, carry a shirt that can be used to be worn over the t-shirts.
- For activities like safari & hiking, carry a pair of denim capris , a pair of cotton full pants and a pair of loose fitted denim shorts.
- If your trip involves water activities, then carry A pair of cotton and a pair of active-wear shorts.
For lounging around, you can carry a nice flowy skirt or a dress or both.
Indian Travel Youtubers
- A pair of hiking boots provide support and comfort for your feet and ankles on long trails and uneven terrain. So,Yes! You need them.
- 2-3 pair of socks to be worn with the boots.
- A Pair of flip-flops – coz, once you are back at the campsite you want to take your socks and boots off and let your feet go free.
SCARF- A scarf, can be worn in so many different ways, you can tie them up around your neck, you can wrap them around your head to fashion yourself a scarf / hat or ear warmer. It’s a must have!
SUNGLASSES – When you’re out in the wilderness, your eyes are definitely going to need extra protection – both from the sun and the elements. a pair of polarized sunglasses that block the harmful rays and reduce glare is a must have!
Carry on bags
You will need at-least 2 bags- one a light weight back-pack to keep you stuff in while you are hiking & other a sling bag to carry your wallet, keys and other little items while you are lounging around the campsite enjoying various activities.
Camouflage t-shirts work best during safari & hiking because it provides you comfort, style and safety at the same time.
- Team it with a pair of cotton full pants & Hiking boots during trekking or hiking at long trails and uneven terrain.
- Team the Camouflage t-shirt with a pair of denim capris during a jeep safari & explore the wildlife.
Hair – A pony tail should be just appropriate for both the looks. Go for muted or black coloured soft rubber bands that don’t let your hair fall out in clumps.
Camping Essentials – Things to Pack and Styling Tips
- Once you are back at the campsite after the safari & hiking, you definitely want to change into something super comfortable & feel relaxed. A flowy skirt teamed with a loose t-shirt & a pair of comfortable flip-flops is a good idea.Tie your ponytail into a braid , a great way to cover up your messy or greasy hair you acquired during the outdoors adventure.
- On hot afternoons when there are no activities planned, you can lounge around the campsite in a loose fitted t-shirt teamed with a pair of Comfort fit denim shorts and a pair of flip-flops.
- Another cool option would be a comfortable cotton dress. Incorporating an animal print will simply add on to the camping mood.
- Camping by the river or choosing a lakeside campsite for your trip can be an added bonus. The calming and scenic backdrop of the water makes for a relaxing holiday, and provides adventurous water sports option too.
- Team your printed white t-shirt with a pair of cotton capris or activewear shorts and enjoy a boat ride or a kayaking session in the river.
Makeup & Hair:
- One of the best things you can do is not worry about your looks. Embrace your environment and channel a different side of yourself. Toning down the makeup and hair routine will be essential for your camping experience and will give you more time to adventure with your partner/family or friends.
- Go for fuss-free hairstyles. A ponytail is the easiest and a great go to while camping. Buns & Braids are other cool options
- Carry Aloe-vera gel face wash to sooth & relax the skin
- A good moisturizer that can be applied all over your body to keep it hydrated.
A sunscreen to protect your skin from sunburns during camping.
- A lip balm to avoid chapped lips.
- Refreshing face cleansing wipes to remove dirt, excess oil and grime from the face.
For makeup you may carry the basic essentials like :
- A brow kit to define the brows and make then stand out.
- A mascara & 1 or 2 lipsticks in earthy shades and that’s it!
- Hiking Poles
- GPS/Road map
Don’t forget to carry your camera gears to capture the lovely moments and all the adventure. If you carry more than 1 camera & lense, then I would suggest carry 2 separate bags. one that will have all your cameras and the other exclusively for lenses.